Translate

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

6/27/2013

"The Sleeping Prophet"

Edgar Cayce was born March 18, 1877...me March 20, 1938.  His sun sign was Pisces also. I feel he must have received an overdose of intuitive and psychic.  I'm still not certain what I received...other than the extremely sensitive trait of that sign.

*****
A few weeks ago my daughter told me about a neighbor who had killed a big rattlesnake in his backyard and shortly afterwards I lay down to take a nap. I don't remember what the rest of the dream was about, all I remember is at the end of it, our new boxer puppy came prancing up on our deck bringing me a snake in it's mouth and I woke up terrified. 

Today, I was sitting out at the end of our deck and saw the puppy and the larger boxer, Oaklie, go around the side of the house and soon heard the puppy barking loudly. I'm thinking..."What did Snoop find now he's so darn excited about? Another root in another one of my flower beds to dig up?"

 I got up to go see what the fuss what about and as I reached the corner of the house, the puppy pranced around the corner with a little snake dangling in its mouth. I started yelling at it and had to run after it and bop it's head to make it let go, then bagged the battered reptile to get an expert opinion on whether it was a rattler or a rat snake, I couldn't tell because it's head was rather mangled but the markings were light and dark brown and it was fatter than I thought a rat snake would be at that stage, though I couldn't detect rattlers on the seemingly stripped tail. It was dead, but hadn't been for long. I'm thinking it got messed up in the neighbor's lawnmower this morning and crawled under the fence with it's last slithers...and nosy two month old Snoop thought he had found another grand leather "prize" to chew on. He thinks that of every belt and shoe he finds. I keep telling the kids to close their closet doors because we have a "snoopy" sneak thief at large.

*****
In the midst of my long and arduous  "religious" research, I experienced a week of wonders I'm still hard pressed to be able to explain. It began on a Monday morning, my mind a blank, feeling an extreme joy I did not understand. I went to work as usual, felt ecstatic all day long, and later that evening, every time I closed my eyes, I began seeing a vivid technicolor reel of scenes from ancient times detailed like none I had ever seen before. I had no idea what they were or where they came from but became so fascinated,  all I wanted to do was lie around with my eyes closed and watch the "movies," mostly comprised of a high spirited woman that seemed to span many centuries in various civilizations and scenarios.   I took the last two days off that week from work just to lay around and be amazed at the wonder of the unusual entertainment beneath my eyelids.

By Friday, I became afraid the diversion might not turn off so I could concentrate on what I needed to, my job and my daughter. Then a frightening scene happened that really shook me up and I started begging, not sure who, to turn the endless movie off. That's when a "voice" inside my head told me that these were scenes from my past lives and if I didn't believe it, to go jump in the deep end of my swimming pool and I would comprehend...after "it" explained why I was afraid of deep water. That scared the heck out of me because all my life I had been afraid of water for a variety of scary reasons from my youth and had never learned to swim.


But, still fascinated and curious, I called my best friend over who could pull me out if I got in trouble, and I jumped in the deep end and immediately felt like an ecstatic fish embracing my natural environment for the first time, I could do everything in the water I never could before...and the scenes beneath my eyelids immediately turned off.

I wrote about this phenomena in my memoir and it's results, one was, that for several weeks after the strange event, I could effortlessly see people's auras of various colors and that fascinated me even more. Someone told me about his opinions of auras, and I began to read about Edgar Cayce and his lifelong experience with this sort of thing. I figured it was just another weird detour on my "religious" research. Cayce wrote a number of books about his experiences and there are hundreds written about him and his "readings." He had only an eighth grade education but evidently Edgar Cayce spent a lifetime learning and experiencing.
His legacy is still very active today.

******

Who Was Edgar Cayce?
Twentieth Century Psychic and Medical Clairvoyant

Edgar Cayce (pronounced Kay-Cee, 1877-1945) has been called the "sleeping prophet," the "father of holistic medicine," and the most documented psychic of the 20th century. For more than 40 years of his adult life, Cayce gave psychic "readings" to thousands of seekers while in an unconscious state, diagnosing illnesses and revealing lives lived in the past and prophecies yet to come. But who, exactly, was Edgar Cayce?

Cayce was born on a farm in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, in 1877, and his psychic abilities began to appear as early as his childhood. He was able to see and talk to his late grandfather's spirit, and often played with "imaginary friends" whom he said were spirits on the other side. He also displayed an uncanny ability to memorize the pages of a book simply by sleeping on it. These gifts labeled the young Cayce as strange, but all Cayce really wanted was to help others, especially children.



Later in life, Cayce would find that he had the ability to put himself into a sleep-like state by lying down on a couch, closing his eyes, and folding his hands over his stomach. In this state of relaxation and meditation, he was able to place his mind in contact with all time and space — the universal consciousness, also known as the super-conscious mind. From there, he could respond to questions as broad as, "What are the secrets of the universe?" and "What is my purpose in life?" to as specific as, "What can I do to help my arthritis?" and "How were the pyramids of Egypt built? His responses to these questions came to be called "readings," and their insights offer practical help and advice to individuals even today.

Many people are surprised to learn that Edgar Cayce was a devoted churchgoer and Sunday school teacher. At a young age, Cayce vowed to read the Bible for every year of his life, and at the time of his death in 1945, he had accomplished this task. Perhaps the readings said it best, when asked how to become psychic, Cayce’s advice was to become more spiritual.

Although Cayce died more than 60 years ago, the timeliness of the material in the readings — with subjects like discovering your mission in life, developing your intuition, exploring ancient mysteries, and taking responsibility for your health — is evidenced by the hundreds of books that have been written on the various aspects of this work as well as the dozen or so titles focusing on Cayce's life itself. Together, these books contain information so valuable that even Edgar Cayce himself might have hesitated to predict their impact on the contemporary world. 

In 1945, the year of his passing, who could have known that terms such as "meditation," "Akashic records," "spiritual growth," "auras," "soul mates," and "holistic health" would become household words to millions?

Edgar Cayce founded the non-profit Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.) in 1931, to explore spirituality, holistic health, intuition, dream interpretation, psychic development, reincarnation, and ancient mysteries—all subjects that frequently came up in the more than 14,000 documented psychic readings given by Cayce. It is still very active today. ***

*** Credit : "Who Was Edgar Cayce?"
Association For Research And Development


4 comments:

Jill Paterson said...

A very interesting post, Anna. Not only about Edgar Cayce but also about your experiences. Seems you saw Snoop bringing home the snake before it happened! I love the way Snoop lies with his front legs flat out, overlooked by Oaklie.

Anna Maria said...

Thanks Jill! The instant I saw Snoop with the snake the dream came back to haunt me and it was strange. In the photo, Snoop was trying to take the yellow toy from Oaklie and she wasn't going to give it to him.

DMS said...

What a fascinating post! At first the stories behind your eyelids sounded so fun- but I can see how that could be distracting from things that need to be done. Amazing that jumping in the water did change everything. Getting a glimpse at who we have been would be interesting for sure. :)

I didn't know anything about Edgar Cayce before coming here- and that gave me a lot to think about too.

Have a great week and good dreams!
~Jess

Anna Maria said...

Thanks Jess. The stories were fascinating but for whatever reason, as soon as a new one would grab my attention, I would forget the last one and I couldn't write them down with my eyes closed. The only one I remember is the last one that scared me into wanting them to stop, but learning to swim as a result was a delight I've enjoyed ever since.

I also found Edgar Cayce fascinating. There is a lot of information about him out there now and amazingly, nothing negative I could find. He was highly respected for who he was and still is. You have a great week also!