Translate

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

8/07/2015

The Piper Morgan Series


"When Piper Morgan has to move to a new town, she is sad to leave behind her friends, but excited for a new adventure. She is determined to have fun, be brave and find new friends.

And after learning her mom’s new job will be with the Big Top Circus, Piper can’t wait to learn all about life under the big top, see all the cool animals, and meet the Little Explorers, the other kids who travel with the show. She’s even more excited to learn that she gets to be a part of the Little Explorers and help them end each show with a routine to get the audience on their feet and dancing along!

But during Piper’s grand debut, her high kicks and pointed toes don't go quite as planned. After causing a dance disaster, she has to prove to everyone--especially queen of the Little Explorers, Lexie--that she belongs in the spotlight."

*****

This is the cover release for the first book in a four part Piper Morgan series that will be published next summer by author Stephanie Faris.




*****


Bio:

Stephanie Faris knew she wanted to be an author from a very young age. In fact, her mother often told her to stop reading so much and go outside and play with the other kids. After graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a Bachelor of Science in broadcast journalism, she somehow found herself working in information technology. But she never stopped writing.

Stephanie is the Simon & Schuster author of 30 Days of No Gossip and 25 Roses, as well as the upcoming Piper Morgan series. When she isn’t crafting fiction, she writes for a variety of online websites on the topics of business, technology, and her favorite subject of all—fashion. She lives in Nashville with her husband, a sales executive. 

Links:

*****

I admire all those authors who write for young children that inspire them to want to learn to read. My first grade teacher did that for me assuring many hours spent at the library and I don't know of anything more important in early education than starting kids out at a very young age to wonder at the wonders of this wondrous world through books.

Thank you Stephanie for sharing the cover release of your latest wonder. I wish you the very best with this series.

4 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Thank you SO much for hosting me! My husband's friend asked what age group this was for--her daughter is 4. I said...well, it depends on how well her child will be able to read next year when it comes out! I loved reading so much as a kid, I couldn't wait to move up from picture books to chapter books.

Anna Maria said...

You are quite welcome Stephanie, happy to do it. Let me know when the book is released and I'll do another blog post. The week I started first grade, some kids started making fun of my "chicken feed sack" dresses I was so proud of Mom made special for me in 1944 when store bought fabric was hard to get because of WWII and price... and made me cry. My blessed teacher told me it didn't matter what I wore, what mattered was how I handled the controversy it caused and asked me what I would really like to do. I told her I wanted to learn to read like my brother who was in second grade but in the same room I was in. She began to teach me before and after school. I ranked highest in my second grade class in achievement the next year at another larger school....thanks to a wonderful first grade teacher I've always been grateful for.

Stephanie Faris said...

That is such a touching story! It shows what an impact teachers can have on a child's life. And bullying seems to be worse than ever in schools today...it's important that kids learn that everyone feels like an outsider from time to time. I think many children's books cover that topic, giving that strength kids need to get through.

Anna Maria said...

Stephanie...it's kind of a funny story that turned out "right". My brother and I spent that year at my Grandmother's and attended Catholic School because he had been held back in 2nd grade to "mature" a little more and Mom thought the nuns could accomplish that. They did, but only because we happen to get the nicest nun in the world. The first day of school one of the meaner ones told me I couldn't come back to school in my pretty dress because it was "too short," it didn't cover my knees. Mom knew she hemmed it a little shorter than it was supposed to be because I didn't like it that long. Grandma had to tack some mismatched feed sack material to the hem so I could attend school that week and that's what the kids were making fun of. I still thank God Sister Marcella was a saint. My brother learned disciple in school and I turned into a rebel for ever after that year...but I did learn how to read and write well. :)